This is an article I wrote for ezine articles. I thought I would share it here. The jawhorse is manufactured by Rockwell. It’s a portable device that can replace saw horses, vises, clamps, and workbenches. It is often sold on infomercials leading many to question: Is it any good.
If you are not familiar with the jawhorse you can see a video of it here.
My Jawhorse Review article is below and can be seen here.
Jawhorse Reviews – Is the Rockwell Jawhorse Right For Your Home Workshop?
By John Lunt
Have you seen the infomercial on the Rockwell Jawhorse? Are you considering purchasing one for your home work shop? We look at some Jawhorse reviews from Amazon and other sources we find out what people really think of this piece of shop equipment. Is it really a great deal as the infomercials say? Or is it another infomercial product that would never get used? This equipment is billed as a combination sawhorse replacement, workbench, clamp, and vise. It is shown as portable and easy to transport? But is it true?
Amazon has a large number of reviews for this product. Most reviewers, 138 out of 183 total reviews gave it their highest rating: Five Stars! So what did they like about this piece of equipment. We looked at some of the most common praises we found for it.
1. Many reviewers say that the Jawhorse is sturdy and well built.
2. It does a great job clamping down and holding items.
3. The lock release allows quick release of items rather than having to unscrew a clamp.
4. It is an extremely versatile device. It can be used as a workbench, clamp, saw horse, and base for a variety of tools.
5. It comes assembled and ready to use out of the box.
6. Pads on the clamps prevent damaging or marring.
7. The tripod does lend itself to some stability even on uneven surfaces.
There were also some areas that customers believed could use some improvement. Most of these were isolated and scattered complaints.
1. Several reviewers indicate that the Jawhorse is too heavy for some people like those who are older.
2. There are some complaints about the wheel, the lock down button and a couple of other parts that are made of plastic instead of metal
3. There are complaints that the owner’s manual is not very helpful.
4. Some people point out that tripod leg arrangement is not the most stable arrangement because it is easier to tip than most four legged structures.
5. The wheel does not work well on rough surfaces.
While the Jawhorse is not perfect, it does seem to be well like by people who have purchased it. It is a sturdy piece of equipment that can be used in the home work shop or in some construction settings. It actually allows one person to do what would often take two people with most other equipment.
If you are considering purchasing the this equipment please check out Jawhorse Reviews for additional information. You can also watch some short Jawhorse video reviews about this product as well as a demonstration video.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=John_Lunt